lundi, mars 06, 2006

Buckhorn Tavern

Date: Tuesday, February 21st
What: Dinner

At first I was scared. We drove forever and pulled up in front of a very non-descript building nestled in a mix of residential and business buildings. Rustic in their description is not an understatement!. Derek assured me it was OK and told me to stop complaining. Once inside, I was surprised. It is a bit of an old style steak house. The wine list was very impressive. They had my favorite wine (Dynamite - Cabernet Sauvignon) at about the same price I had paid for a bottle in a liquor store earlier that week. The service was good, steaks were good. We had a cocktail, which was fairly priced and strong enough for dinner. We then shared a bottle of Dynamite. I enjoyed that meal quite a bit and would go back for sure.

Note to self: tequila shots in hotel bar later were not the best idea!


Buckhorn Tavern 8800 Meeker Road, Dayton, OH 45414, Located One Quarter Mile South of I-70, 937-890-3261, A unique rustic dining experience serving steaks, ribs, and fish.

2 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger Mark said...

oh yeah, your description of the locale is so much different than mine?

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger Mark said...

OK, I concede, you gave much more detail, but still it was scary to me the first time. It may be to others...I just want them to know to go ahead and park and walk in...they won't regret it.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home