samedi, avril 08, 2006

Clifton Gorge State Nature Preserve

When: Saturday, April 8th
What: Hike!

After a fun night in Columbus, Derek made a surpise (to me) diversion on the trip back and stopped at Clifton Gorge. What an awesome place to hike. A combination park and nature preserve, the trails are easy and the views are great. The river running along the trails is quite beautiful and at some points downright breathtaking.

I would definitely do this again in late spring or early fall when the trees are full and the humidity isn't over powering.

Here I am under the cliffs, holding the world up. Sometimes I think I have to do that, but that thought, like life, is up for interpretation. One of those days for me....

We took several other pictures but the camera was not cooperating with us. There would have been a great shot of Derek at the waterfalls. Maybe next trip. For now, you will just have to check out the park's web site.

info: http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/dnap/location/clifton.html